It touches on the Ganley-Sutton race. As Betty Sutton herself notes, "It's going to be key at the end of the day to make sure that people exercise their right to vote and the power they have in that vote."
Never were truer words spoken.
The key to this election and defeating Sutton is to get to the polls on Tuesday and vote. This could be a close one, and every single last ballot is going to matter.
You can do your part not only by voting, but by encouraging your friends, neighbors, children, parents and coworkers to cast a vote for their future.
Remind them that:
- The national debt has ballooned by $5 trillion since Betty Sutton took office and her boss Nancy Pelosi became speaker in 2007. This is the fastest and largest increase in our debt in history.
- Sutton's campaign is funded by Nancy Pelosi and her groups to the tune of $20,000.
- Unemployment has skyrocketed in Northeast Ohio under Betty Sutton's watch.
- The facts show Cash For Clunkers was a FAILURE and a waste of tax dollars.
- Most voters are opposed to the federal government's takeover of health care, which Betty Sutton supported and helped pass.
- Sutton's deciding vote allowed the House to adjourn and hit the campaign trail in September, without passing a federal budget and without extending tax cuts for middle class and working Americans.
It might seem unlikely that spreading these messages and urging your friends to vote will have any impact on an election. But imagine if you could get just one person who would otherwise stay home to instead come out and cast a vote against Betty Sutton and for Tom Ganley? Now imagine what would happen if everyone did the same thing.Your voice and vote can and WILL make a difference. I know this first-hand. Thousands of Ohioans have visited this web site and I've received emails of support throughout the campaign. Even Betty Sutton's staff keeps tabs on this web site (really! they read these posts just like you do!) because they know the power of the voice of the people.
Exercise that power that you have. Get out and vote. Urge your friends to vote. Let's be the force that brings change to Washington and to America.